Summary of lesson
Foresight Double Diamond model allows to identify future challenges, frame new ideas and build or visualise scenarios of future innovations. The Double Diamond divided into two parts provides significant data for strategic foresight. The Diamond I collects macro data about the present and current market, which are further used in the Diamond II to detect future micro changes and drivers to design and visualise future scenarios of new products or services.
References and further information
- Efrat Zeev World’s Top Global Mega Trends To 2020 and Implications to Business, Society and Cultures Executive Summary http://www.baroriyan.com/Portals/0/mega%20trands%20exec%20summary%20v3%20(1).pdf
- Mendonça, S., Pina e Cunha , M., Kaivo-oja,J., Ruff, F., 2004, Wild cards, weak signals and organisational improvisation, Futures, Volume 36, Issue 2 March 2004, Pages 201-218
- Prof. Df. P. J. Stappers, Dr, ir R. van der Lugt, et al. Context and Conceptualization. TU Delft. 2007.
- Product Management. Lehmann / Winer. McGraw-Hill Interantional Edition. 2005. Pictures of the Future. Siemens. 2008.
- Report: Futurize your business by Z-punkt. 2012
- Saritas O., Smith J. (2011, p. 294): The Big Picture – trends, drivers, wild cards, discontinuities and weak signals, Futures, 43(3): 292-312,